当前位置: 比赛首页 > 情景会话 > 正文
情景对话:“杯水车薪”
来源:可可英语  时间:2012-08-20 11:0

A: I’m racking my brains to find a way to keep my head above water.
我正在想办法筹钱度过难关。
 

B: I didn’t know you were hard up.
没想到你这么拮据。
 

A: I put up a good front but I haven’t seen daylight for a long time.
我表面上看起来很好,事实上一直都不顺利。
 

B: I’ll give you some moola to bail you out.
我可以借你一些钱应急。
 

A: That’s just a drop in the bucket. I need too much to get back on my feet.
那只是杯水车薪,我需要一大笔钱来清偿债务。

 

rack one's brains         绞尽脑汁,想尽办法
keep head above water筹措所需费用以度过
hard up                      经济拮据
put up a good front     强颜欢笑
see daylight                顺利
moola                         钱
bail one out                帮助
a drop in the bucket    一小笔
back on one's feet       恢复经济上的独立